Friday, February 15, 2013

Moving on...

It's true. We are no longer attending the church that I have attended for a decade. Let me keep this short and sweet and to the point. I am addressing this because there seems to be confusion as to why we left!

First of all, we were not offended by someone or something. We did not leave to be with friends (could've, would've done that 2 years ago!). When the church went through the changes it did, we felt a very definite voice telling us to stay. So, stay we did...for two years. It was a great two years. The church is thriving and people are growing. The body is united.

For over a year, every time I drove past (on a daily basis), our new church, I felt a tug in my heart. My response to the tugging was to pray for them. Friends of ours attended there, so I figured that was why I felt connected. When Marty felt we should visit, we both knew BEFORE we even visited, that we would be committing to the church. Two services later, we discussed it and the Lord confirmed it. My emotions ran the gamut of sad to excited to anxious, but when the Lord says "go", you GO!

As Christians, we are all called to go. When we think of sending people out, we think of missionaries and foreign countries. Some may also think of church planting hundreds of miles away, or the other side of the country. But, sometimes we get called to go just down the street.

We absolutely love our church family at Faith. We plan to attend special events, and hope to stay connected to the family. We love our new family at New Heights as well. Though we are still new and haven't gotten to know many people, we feel so welcomed. The children have adapted well, also. We know we are here at this place at this timing for a reason.....it's amazing how you wait and wait on the Lord for something and feel like, "sheesh, when is this going to happen?" Then one day you realize, "AHHH, THIS is why we went through all those trials, and this is why the Lord wait until this point in time!"

If anyone has questions, feel free to message me!

Love, Sarah

PS- yes, I used to blog for a while. I did the E-votionals for our women's group, and prior to that I was just trying to keep up on my writing...though, I wasn't very good and couldn't find any inspiration!

No comments: