Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday, again? Already?

So today I realize, CRAP it's Friday. Normally Friday's are a thrill....whooohooo, weekend! But, today I realize Alexis is going up north tomorrow evening to spend the next two weeks with Marty's parents. So our time with her ends this weekend. We didn't go to the zoo. We didn't go to the beach, Splash Park or Turtle Cove. We didn't go camping or to Great Wolf Lodge. We didn't go to Chicago or Niagara Falls. Those are all things that were on our list of fun things to do, but just like every summer, it went by way too fast! It sucks, because since I work full-time and too new to have much vaca time, work interfered with fun. She did go to two weeks of YMCA camp and we did spend a lot of time as family just hanging out. She also swam at her friend's in their gigantic pool just about every day. It's a depressing feeling, knowing we're "throwing her to the wolves" in just two weeks. Sending her back to the enemy's camp. Yes, we pray for her daily, and over the next two weeks I will fervently pray for a miracle and that she ends up staying. Unfortunately, I know deep down it's not time yet. God is still doing something. As much as I can't take the waiting, God's timing is always perfect, so still I must wait. Although I'm very sad she is leaving, at least I will be able to have more time for me and to get things done. Life sort of stops when she is here and chaos sets in for the 5 or so weeks. Then she leaves and the big projects begin. Here is a partial listing of August projects. 1/2 will go undone, I'm sure:
1. Landscaping. My yard is in dispair.
2. Paint the kitchen, paint the cabinets, change the hardware.
3. Paint the bedroom.
4. Paint Alexis's bedroom.
5. Paint the basement.
6. Paint the basement floor.
7. Get new exterior doors.
8. Decorate the bathroom. I think after 4 years, it's time to decorate.
9. Scrapbook for Sammy. I'm laughing at the thought that I may actually get to do this.

Anyone wanting to come over, hang out, HELP out, let's do it.

No comments: