Monday, July 7, 2008

Well...on the summer goes

Sammy survived, and so did I. We returned home yesterday, oh around 3:30pm. He was thrilled to see my mom, who came down around 3:40pm to see him, er...us (let me remind you, she lives 6 houses away!) It is GOOD to be home. I don't feel the same about being back at work, but well, what can I do.

Strange to think, Alexis is only here two more weeks! Technically, four, but two with us, then almost two with his parents. I don't think it will be good for her to be up there that long, but our hands our tied. Just pray for Alexis!

Sammy is going to be TWO in 10 days. It's CAR RA ZY. I have nothing planned, as of yet. We are "party people" and I'm not really going to throw a party per se, probably just have the family (cringe) over for cake and ice cream. I'll have to invite the neighbors and their 5 kids, since well, they are RIGHT THERE and invite us to everything. Plus, Alexis is BFF's with their oldest and nothing will ever pry those two apart.

Kell- is Maddy a FREAK about clothes? Good LORD ALMIGHTY send me mercy from Heaven. This child cannot match an outfit to save her blessed soul. I have run out of ways to explain to her why that pink, shear summer skirt does not match the green long sleeved t-shirt. It's like teaching me about trigonometry...ain't gonna get it so don't even try. Oh, and she wants to wear that outfit with her pink and gray, dirty Sauconi sneakers and purple Hannah Montana socks.

2 comments:

liv319 said...

I'm glad you're back! I will miss Alexis when she goes - and it was weird 2 Sunday's without Sammy in the nursery!

Kell said...

Madison for the most part could care less if she matches. You should see the stuff she puts together. I keep hoping the older she gets, the more she'll care....it's happening...slowly. We also now have issues with the over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder. She hates them, but there is no way she is going without one. Just wait until Alexis gets 11...it's SO much fun!