Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Seriously, I need a vacation...

This week has been enough to push me over the edge! I'm stressed and sick but not defeated. Nope, I will not give the enemy the victory! I know that in spiritual battles, it gets worse before it gets better, so BRING IT ON!

Yes, peeps...I am sick. I have an ear infection, again...weird. I didn't think adults get those, but I get them maybe once or twice a cold season. As well as strep, I get that, too. As well as sinusitis, which is pretty much an ongoing issue, but every year at this same exact time of year I get a combo of strep, ear infection, bacterial sinus infection (meaning antibiotics are the only thing that will get rid of it!)....on top of that, it all started when Sammy got sick Thursday night with what I thought was the flu but I'm not sure. He has an ear infection and....ASTHMA. UGH. Marty is a little freaked and panicky and I think maybe a little weirded out by how relaxed I am about it. Ok, so when the Home Healthcare truck pulled up at 9pm last night with a nebulizer the reality hit me a little bit, but hey, I'll take asthma over a slew of other things that are WAY worse. Plus, it's not even that bad. He really will only need it at night, and maybe during the day. My sitter is going to keep an eye on the coughing and I totally trust her judgement. Her kid had to use a nebulizer for 10 years, so pretty sure she knows what she is doing! I love her!

At cafe on Saturday we said what we were thankful for. I had a hard time thinking of something because really, it's been one thing after another for a few months now! BUT...I have reevaluated and here is my list:

1. I am grateful that I serve a God that promised to provide all my needs
2. I am grateful I have two great, generally healthy, very smart kids
3. I am grateful for friends that I can depend on and lean on
4. I am grateful to live in a country where I can attend a church of my choice and have the freedom of speech.....for now anyway!
5. I am grateful that despite the war the enemy has waged on mine and Marty's moola, I have Faith in God's promise to take care of me and the promise to bring Alexis HOME. (in case you don't get it, once she is home, that is $500+ we won't be sending to her mom each month just so she can go party with it)
6. I am grateful that I have a vehicle that runs good and will be dependable this winter! Lord knows, I spent too many winters driving a beater!

No comments: