Monday, December 24, 2007

I'm back, you're thrilled!

I really want to get back into blogging again. It is no surprise to me that I started it, forgot about it and months later when pondering writing a book, I remembered I had a blog! Reading Angela's blog reminded me, actually.
I'm at a place where I'm looking back on my 27 years and thinking, is this it? I saw my life turning out so different than what it has! I'm annoyed by the people who at 14 knew exactly what they wanted out of life and accomplished every goal down to career, years of work and what years and months they want their children born. I went through college thinking there isn't a subject here I want a degree in, really. I am interested in a variety of subjects from art to psychology, counseling to acting. What the heck am I supposed to do with that? I could pretend to be a counselor at a psycho ward with great art in my office. Hmmm....even that doesn't sound like ME. Shouldn't I know where I want to be and what I want to do with my life by now? I'm not getting any younger!
I still want to write. That's a pretty strong desire that has stuck with me. Maybe I'm just too humble to think I'm good enough...(ok, I know you are snickering at me. Thanks.) What do I write about? I feel I should write Christian books, because after all, I am one and I grew up in church. I should use my talent for the Lord. I don't feel mature enough for adult books, cool enough for teens and what the heck do kids want to read? I mean, the vegetables pretty much have that market!
Random change of topic here: I'm hosting Christmas Eve dinner tonight. I know I need to get up and start cleaning but I don't really want to. My house is small and there are too many people coming to cram into my small living room. How did I get chosen to host? Because I'm then only one who put a tree up this year. Crap. I've learned my lesson too late!
Hope everyone has a nice Christmas! Maybe I'll write again sometime. Topic ideas, anyone?

1 comment:

Kell said...

Welcome back to blogging! I look forward to lots more posts!