Friday, May 23, 2008

My new ride...

Many of you know I have had issues with my vehicle. I have a 1997 Plymouth Neon. It is a four door sedan that thinks it's a sports car. It even has a spoiler and 6 cylinders. It was a great car in its day. My mom got it the end of my junior year in high school and when I drove it, I thought I was IT. In summer of 2000, my mom wanted a new car and I needed a car, so she gave it to me. Yes, I was supposed to make payments. I made three of them, but decided to go away to college and although my mom didn't feel it was a good idea, she relented and let me take the car....I think she knew I wasn't going to be able to afford payments, and I probably wouldn't really need it. She was right. I did drive it, but most of the time I was with my roomie in her Land Rover. Why take the Neon when you can take a Land Rover, right? ANYWAY. None of that is my point, it's just a little background.
The Neon declined quickly and not so gracefully and was completely unreliable. We have been praying and praying for a blessing, because we don't really want to get into a car payment. Well, finally my prayers have been answered in a bittersweet way. My grandma, who I was very close to, passed away in January. My uncle has kept all her things and would not let anyone have anything. He wants to sell it all, and has the intentions to keep the money to pay his bills and debts, since he lived with her. Well, he decided to sell us her car. A 2000 Ford Contour. It is maroon, with tan interior, a plain sedan. Not as "sporty" as my Neon, but it has 46,000 miles on it and is in tip-top shape. Yeah, I should have "inherited" it, but for what he asked for, it is well worth it. Peace of mind and knowing me and my child are safe to drive around is great! Marty even went out on his day off and got it all decked out with a new CD player (it only had cassette), automatic start-woohooo-and he tinted the windows. I was nervous when he told me on the phone, because I have this thing with tinted windows on sedans. Not many can pull it off. You have to have a sporty look, and too dark can look ghetto. I guess it doesn't look bad, and I'm happy the sun will not bother Sammy. It's darker than I would have liked, but Marty is so geeked about it! Must be that Melvindale High School still in him. He thinks it looks sweet. I guess now I all need are some spinners.

1 comment:

Kell said...

Congrats on the new car! You MUST get spinners...you'll totally be pimpin'! lol