Tuesday, June 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND

ODE TO AMY

I'm no poet, so this will be a ramble. Happy Birthday to the great Amy Rennie, who has reach the ripe ol' age of....well, I'm not sure so lets guess 29. Oh, Amy with the spikey brown, no red, no blonde, no...chestnut colored hair. Amy who leads us women in becoming strong, independent yet submissive women. Dearest Amy, so fun, so bubbly, such a jokester, yet so serious. Equal parts mature and laid back, a sharp dresser is she. With a flair for fashion, and the confidence to try new colors and styles...and yes that big Easter hat once a year.

Amy is like a bright ray of sunshine busting through the dreary gray skies on a blah, rainy, Michigan-weather kind of day. The room ignites with laughter and smiles when Amy is around. She will lend you a shoulder to cry on, an ear that listens, a hand to hold, and ride to Warren to see an old dear friend.

To AMY- A FABULOUS wife, mother, role model, mentor, friend, sister, daughter, minister, fashionista and hostess with the mostess.

I wish I had a picture to upload to share my beautiful friend's face with the world, but I have not unloaded my camera yet, so I'm sorry.

THANKS AMY FOR BEING YOU. HOPE YOU HAD A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY, and a FABULOUS BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that she is also a fantabulous cousin! See comments.

2 comments:

Kell said...

You forgot to mention she's a fantabulous cousin! I am beyond blessed to have her in my family. Love you Amy! The family wouldn't be the same without you.

Pat said...

I'm kind of fond of her myself.
As daughters go....she's a peach!
Happy birthday Amy!!!