Friday, June 13, 2008

A whole lot of nothing...

I realized I haven't blogged in a while so I thought I would. Except, I don't have much to say. Alexis is here, she got here last Friday. She has really grown a lot. She wears about a size 10 in pretty much everything. Funny, all the clothes her mom packed are 6x or 7 and too small. Funny how she can wear that small of clothes in KY and then BAM arrives in Michigan and suddenly wears a 10? Weird. She even brought a size 6/6x bikini that is brand spankin' new. I left that in her suitcase and it will not see daylight during our time. It barely covers the "essential" parts!
So, yes people...we have to buy Alexis some clothing and it really aggravates me to no stinkin' end because she quite clearly does not fit the clothes she brought, and the fact that she KNOWS her mom knew they didn't fit and she even told her mom that those don't fit and her mom still sent them. Alexis was so upset and embarrassed. Whatever. The Lord will reward us and take care of us is what I have to remind myself!
I have decided now a topic for my book. If you read one of my blogs long ago, I said I wanted to write books but that I was having writer's block. Well, I'm going to write something for step-mom's. There isn't a lot out there from a Christian perspective. I belong to a stepmom website and from reading everyone's posts, I think there is a need! Maybe a devotional or something would be good. hmmmm......I've begun my research and now I just need to find the time to work on it!

No comments: