Tuesday, January 8, 2008

On to the resolutions!

Ok, so we are 8 days into the New Year. Alexis has been packed up and sent back and I can begin to focus on my goals. I received confirmation that my loans have been consolidated, went over my budget, cleaned out the bad foods in my kitchen, and have begun a plan to declutter my home. I'm really motivated, as are most people in the first month of each New Year.

The first goal I am attacking head-on is of course, my health. I'm less concerned with pounds and more concerned with losing the flab. I'm motivated and ready to conquer this demon that has depressed me for too long!

I am also waging war on Satan and his lame attacks. Normally after sending Alexis back, I get anxious and worrysome for several weeks and it affects my work, relationships and ability to focus on the blessing that is Sammy. I have Faith in God's promise and will continue to pray for her safety, but leave it in HIS hands. I will be spending more quality time with Sammy, focusing solely on him and giving him my undivided attention. That also means I'm not spending every evening preparing, cooking, cleaning up dinner, vaccuuming, picking up toys, cleaning, etc...my time with Sammy is not enough as it is, and I'm not going to take more time away from him. We have to eat, but I'm going to learn more recipes that will be quicker, yet healthy....Marty can share in the cleaning up and cleaning the house. And somedays, the house will just be messy. I'm ok with that!

I will be more diligent in my Bible study, tithe and prayer time. I need to focus on finding out what I'm going to be doing the rest of my life. There is no job security in this world, especially Michigan, and I need to figure out a back up plan if something were to happen to my job.

I think I am off to a good start. Admitting is the first step, right? I know, that's a different program, but I think it can be applied here as well. Pray for Alexis, I believe this is a big year for us.

No comments: