Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ringing in 2008

5 kids under 9 celebrating a birthday and New Year's. That was a crazy night for me! As soon as I get the pictures, I will have to share them. It may have been exhausting, but the kids will never forget it, especially Alexis. I'm glad, too. We may not have tons of money to spend and we're not able to take her on elaborate vacations, but it's times like this that make the best memories. Now, I did spend way more than I would on a party. I can't stand spending money on napkins, plastic tablecloths and overpriced decorations that will just be thrown away. I did this time though, because she is only 9 once and she LOVES Hannah Montana. I mean obsessed. The look on her face and the excitement of this crazy fun party was priceless though. By the way, here is a cheap idea I will throw into this blog as a bonus for you. We did it two years ago when I let her have a party at the house because we were too broke to go to Chuck E Cheese....1o empty 2-liters and a small ball, hopefully a long hallway and you've got yourself a bowling alley. That was the HIT of the party that year. The kids still talk about it. This year our theme was Karaoke and Rockstars, so the boys dressed up like the Jonas Brothers and the girls were HSM and Hannah Montana. We had inflatible guitars, karaoke, wigs, sparkling "champagne"....it was all worth it!
So, now that the party is over (by the way, best NYE party I've ever been to, not to brag:)...my New Year's Resolutions:

1. Lose 15 lbs by March. I'll be ok if I don't lose all my pounds as long as I lose this flap of skin that hangs on my waistline and the fat around my hips, thighs, bootie...I want to drop three sizes at least.

2. After all the hardwork of losing, sometime this year, I may go round two on the baby train. I resolve to not eat so much ice cream this time, and try to gain healthier weight so it'll be easier to lose. I didn't gain too much last time, but I could've ate healthier.

3. To be a better mom and stepmom. To teach my children creativity and imagination rather than battery operated toys and spending money.

4. To save more money and doing what it takes to pinch those pennies. We need a new car, our plumbing fixed, and I want to remodel some rooms. We need money for those things! No more spendng money on groceries....what a waste....just kidding!

5. I will push myself to write, write, write. I will enter freelance contests for experience and work on discovering a book idea.

6. Make time for scrapbooking Sammy's pictures, considering I do not have a baby book for him, my first child! That's sad.

7. To grow in my walk with God and strengthen my Faith. To witness more and be a better example.

8. To better my marriage and do what it takes...seminars, retreats, counseling, weekend getaways...so that we can be an example to others and to our children.

I might have more resolutions another day. That's enough for now!

No comments: