Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The latest

It's been a little while, I know. You are all on edge waiting to hear about the lastest trip to the Y. Well, nothing really exciting to report. I went last night around 7:30, after Sammy went to bed. I did 35 minutes again on the treadmill, the last 5 being cool down. I burned 200 calories this time, which was about 1/4 of what I took in for the day. I just don't get how I will ever loose this flab! Anyway, I was totally sweating it up after about 10 minutes. I was so embarrassed! I don't know if they had the heat cranked or maybe I'm getting sick, but when I say I was dripping, I mean like middle of July in Miami wearing a black sweatshirt. Like I said, I don't really run, so I don't know what was going on. It was good though, I guess. It means my body is releasing yucky toxins but goodness! Then I got really winded and thought I was going to have an asthma attack, but I took deep breaths and sipped my water and made it through the 35 minutes.
I worked on the weight machines, too. I don't do too much of the arms because I'm really focusing on my lower-half. My booty aches to sit today! I think that might be good, but it doesn't feel it! I don't get why working out and losing weight has to be so difficult! Why can't I really just pray it off? sheesh!
Alexis is coming Thursday night. I'm so excited and nervous. I always get nervous. She always has something to tell us that gets us all irritated at Crystal. Usually it's something like being left home alone at night, or her mom telling her not to tell us something really important, or her mom teaching her that Easter is no more important than Valentine's Day. Yeah, they didn't do anything this year for Easter. They went to KFC for an early dinner and Alexis played alone all day. We didn't talk to her until evening and she told us all this. She did get an Easter basket, but she gets baskets on V-Day, too. She didn't call us or her grandparents in the morning like she normally does on holidays. When we asked why, she just said her mom wouldn't let her because there wasn't any need. Now, it's no surprise that she couldn't call us, but she ALWAYS gets to call her grandparents! It's just weird. And it hurts so much to know she is living in a house of sin and being taught that sin is not really that big of a deal and she has to go along with her mom and she goes from guy to guy. It's really disgusting and I can't believe a father would have to fight so hard to get his daughter out of something like that!
Ok, vent over. I'm glad Alexis will be safe with us for 10 days and we can always pray over her. I know I have plenty prayer warriors praying for her, too. One day, we will have victory and all glory will be to God!

No comments: