Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Snow Patrol

So, did anyone else have a ridiculous time out there this morning? Ok, so maybe it would have been fun if I didn't have Sammy in the car. Or, if I could afford to wreck my car. Instead, I had to drive quite slow and I got stuck a few times. For those who don't know, I have a 1997 Plymouth Neon. Yep, that's right. It's 11 years old and still kicking, only by the grace of God. It sits about 5 inches off the ground so I risk stalling out in a mirage. Today I had to drive in 2 feet of snow! My normal 10 minute trip took about 30 minutes. Crazy.

We joined the Y on Friday. It's something I've been really wanting to do, knowing that if I spent the money, I'll force myself to get "my money's worth". Then I can be a sexy babe by summer! Then I wonder, is getting skinny really worth it since I'll be getting preggo again, Lord willing, sometime within the next year? I'd rather start at 20 lbs less and gain it back, then gain from where I'm at! Saturday was Sammy and I's first trip to the Y (marty was working). After my quick 20 minutes on the treadmill (Child Watch closes early on Saturdays), we went into the pool. Don't worry, I wore a t-shirt over my swimsuit so not to scare off other patrons. I still felt quite awkward since I was playing in the children's area with Sammy, which is about a foot deep. Sammy had a blast though, and he wasn't embarrassed in the least by my unsightly figure!
The really impressive day was Monday....35 minutes. Yep, I got on a treadmill for 35 minutes! Ok, so really I was ready to get off after 10 minutes, but pride and fear of looking like a loser, I stuck with it. The place was packed with amatuers trying to impress and I didn't want to be the one who couldn't hang! Boy, I was sweating after that, and I didn't even run. I just walked really fast. I was afraid if I jogged or ran, I would A) fall off, B) wimp out after one minute like I do at home, C) my butt would jiggle so much I would lose balance.
Now today my goal is to go and actually use the circuit. It's not worth my moola to go and just use the treamill, considering I have one at home! But, at home I have a million excuses like, it's too cold in the basement or man, that's a lot of laundry that needs done! The circuit is intimidating though. All these people milling around, flexing their wimpy muscles, oh, that's just me. The circuit is the middle of the workout room, and some of the machines I've never seen, and I'm afraid I'll look stupid trying to figure out how to use it. So I made an appointment with a trainer! You get one free, so I have to make it count, because I'm not paying for any more. I pay enough to be a member! So wish me luck. I'm just hoping I don't look like a fool.

No comments: