Monday, April 7, 2008

Gone til June-ish...

Well, we have bid farewell to Alexis. It's so depressing. She really did great this week and she is a great kid. She really opened up to us a lot this week and had a difficult time leaving. She is so fearful of her mother, but at the same time loves her dearly and doesn't want to her to be hurt or get in trouble. The unconditional love of a child absolutely amazes me.
I didn't ride with Marty to take her back. I've been so much more emotional this time than before. I know it's because I am so hurt by what is going on down there in KY and to her...I'm jealous that her mother has so many opportunities to spend time with Alexis and do fun things with her, yet I'm angry that she doesn't take advantage of it. Alexis spends most of her time shoved off on babysitters, but her mother will start problems with Marty for getting a babysitter while we go to work...I don't know about you, but I sure can't take 6 weeks off in the summer while she is here, and that is what her mom expects.
Alexis really opened up about not getting to see Katelyn, her former step-sister. This girl was her older sister since Alexis was 2 years old. They grew up together for 6 years! Now they can't even talk on the phone. It really hurts to see Alexis hurt so much. All she wants to do is see Katelyn. We should've let her call Katelyn, but we didn't think of it. She didn't ask. I'm sure she was afraid her mother would find out and she get a butt wooping.
Even though I'm beyond frustrated with this whole situation and I have so many things I want to say to Crystal about how terrible she is, more than anything I would LOVE to see her give her heart back to the Lord. How miserable she must be to live the life she lives. I imagine that being a backslidden Christian is harder than never having been saved....all that conviction and knowing the truth and blatantly ignoring it?! I know a lot about her childhood and my heart breaks for her. She really had a crappy upbringing. The whole family worked together to con people and churches, and her dad held "church" in their home. A home that they rented and would live for a few months, then up and move in the middle of the night because they skipped out on rent. Her dad is ordained, or was at one point, but a terrible example of a man, father, husband. Crystal is just doing what she was taught, and raising Alexis the way she was raised. It makes me sick thinking about things Crystal had to endure in her pre-teen and teen years and I pray to God that those things don't happen to Alexis.
Please pray for Alexis's safety and her mind. Pray that she will know to lean on Jesus anytime she needs comfort. Pray for Crystal to find true happiness and to return to the Lord. Continue to pray for a division between Crystal and Marty's mom. He is so hurt by his parent's betrayal, and they don't feel they betrayed him. They are remaining "neutral" in their minds, since after all, they didn't divorce Crystal, he did. Pray for strength for Marty and me. I know there are going to be many more hard times in the near future in this situation, especially this summer. We are going to have some financial strain this summer because we'll have to pay for child care for her...my grandma and neighbor used to rotate watching her, but Grandma is gone and the neighbor got a job!
Thanks Friends!

No comments: