Friday, August 15, 2008

I've been reading this book, Lost Women of the Bible. It's a very interesting take on some of the less familiar, less admired women of the Bible. I'm thoroughly enjoying the study guides at the end of each chapter, although I'm not even 1/2 way into the book. I don't have much time for reading! Anyway- so from reading this I'm becoming totally fascinated by the women of the Bible. Their stories play like well-made films in my mind. Films that probably Angela would want to go see at the Main Art Theatre. Yesterday I went with my mom to Family Christian and found that the $5 member special is Extraordinary Women of the Bible by Elizabeth George. Of course, I had to buy it. I wanted to buy a few and give them as gifts to all my friends, but instead I was buying Alexis a CD by a new band, and some other small clearance items for Christmas, and well, I'm on a budget! So I wanted to blog and tell everyone they should go get this book! For me, I'm digging the Lost Women because, hey, we've all been lost, are lost, or both! But I want to read all these books. I am a woman (which still sounds old to me), I want to know my heritage, where I've come from in my Christian life, the history, the women who have paved the way, the women who should be our role models...ok, not Jezebel, but we can learn from many of the "Bad Girls". Another book I will need to add to my collection.
SOOOO for those who love the FC $5 member specials, here they are: Extraordinary Women of the Bible; Every Man's Battle; Best of Selah Hymns; a few other CD's,;First of May (a family film, looks cute, bought that, too!); a 3-pack Bible dictionary, theasarus, something else that I can't remember; a stand-up comedy DVD; and some book I think called Living the Life You Want. I wanted to buy the whole dang store. I get that way everytime I go there.

No comments: