Friday, August 29, 2008

Well, I started the week with a blog, so I might as well end the week with a blog. I've had an interesting week to say the least. I've really been seeking God on the retreat coming up and know God is going to move in a mighty way. If you aren't planning on going, you better change your mind. If you are planning on going, get ready to receive from Him in ways you never imagined. I have a vision for my future and I'm believing that will be confirmed and new steps revealed. What are you believing to receive that weekend? My suggestion: begin praying NOW for what you want to receive from God. Don't just let the next 5 weeks float by and wait until you get there. What questions do you have for God? Where do you want to be right now in your life? I don't mean a beach in Cancun- Amy is already there! And I'm sure she is connecting with God while there and praying about the retreat and us women. But, spiritually, where do you want to be?
These are questions I've been asking myself pretty much all month. I want my life to dramatically change! I want to be home more, I want my vision for ministry to come to pass now! I've never seen myself as a full-time employee of the world. I mean NEVER. When I was 14 at church camp I KNEW my life would be in ministry. At 28, I don't understand why I am where I am. But God does, and that's all that matters. There are two verses that I think of daily, and have for the last 10 years, no joke. They just pop in my mind at random times:
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I think of my life and all the disappointments, stupid decisions, the hurts I've endured, the anger, and again-the stupid decisions! I think how can I have hope and a future after all of this?! Where was God? The anwer is simple- He was there. He always is. He didn't tell me to go to the parties or hang out with that person. He begged me not to. But I ignored Him. I have free will, so he let me go. But He was with me the whole time, protecting me and keeping me safe. Through dumb choices He was right there because His plan was for me to have hope and a future. When I was hurt and my heart was broken- He was there, holding me, picking up the pieces. Comforting me when I was sure I'd never get past the pain and disappointment. He's always right there. You just have to talk to Him and you have to want the help and healing.
28"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose."
I make mistakes. I am not perfect. I've done stupid things that have affected my life. But God takes that bad and turns it for good. I am the type of person that takes EVERY experience and tries to see a lesson learned in it. I think of those times people have let me down and how I would think, "How will I ever forgive them, or get past this?" That answer is also simple. You turn to God because that which the enemy has done for evil, He will make good.

So this blog is really more personal. Not many will "get" it. But maybe someone is thinking like me, feeling like me, ready for the next level. Ready for life to really begin. I don't have my quirky jokes that most people don't find funny anyway! And maybe this is a little to serious for the casual reader. But I wanted to share and get it off my chest and quite possibly, it has touched someone where they are at. That is my hope :)
OH- and three very important songs in my life (I don't have a way to add them on here or I would):
What a Wonderful Maker - I prefer the Jeremy Camp version
Call on Jesus- Nicole C. Mullen
I Am- Mark Shultz (this is a recent addition to my special songs list)

1 comment:

liv319 said...

mmmmm. good blog :)

The best part about Romans 8:28 - the for God works together verse is verse 29-30!! The reason "all things work together" is in verse 29-30. We dont get served the hand we've been dealt for no reason it is because:

"For those he FOREKNEW - he also did predestine (our ultimate destiny) is: to be conformed to the image of His son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers. (who are the many brothers, Ang and SArah) Moreover, whom he did predestin (us), he has called, whom he called (us), he has JUSTIFIED (us) (brought JUSTICE) and whom he justified, HE HAS GLORIFIED (um...US AGAIN) !".

All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord (Ang and Sarah) , because the Lord has predestined our life in order that the things we endure will give us the conformity to Christ so that we can partake in being glorified by sitting at the right hand of the right hand of the Father (next to Jesus) and being the "second born" to Christ. Therefore, every bad/wrong/seems odd decision we make - it all works out because God "Foreknew" us and is doing it all for His Glory which he desires to be our (Ang and Sarah's) ultimate glory - we are His princesses, and he wants us to share in his kinship and right to His royalty.

Yeah - I wish I could take credit for all that above. Unfortuneately, only the Angela commentary parts... it was what my new friend "Bonnie" and I talked about when we "got together" on Thursday night. ;)

Love ya girl!! Seriously - great blog..I'm right there with ya.