Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My thoughts on the election....

I'm not one who is afraid to talk politics or share who I'm voting for. I'm not ashamed by it at all. But, I avoided for a while blogging about it because it is what it is, and I'm not afraid if Obama gets it. God will take care me. Yes, it is a scary thought, but it will confirm that the end times are opon us!
What I am just annoyed and sick about are 1) Christians who aren't going to vote because they can't morally vote for Obama, and they don't "like" McCain. 2) Christians who feel they can morally vote for Obama because "there are more issues than abortion that need to be handled."
Well, I vote by principle and by the way that Lord has instructed us. He told us to choose life. He instructed us that marriage is for one man and one woman. He told us to go forth and preach the gospel. Democrats are wanting to impose more censorship on preacher's on tv and even in churches. They want to consider it "hate speech" to preach against homosexuality and abortion from the pulpit. Everyone knows what happen to the youth of our world when prayer was removed from schools, what will happen when public broadcasting of the gospel is eliminated, and our pastors can't preach truth from the pulpit?
How can you NOT vote and claim that morally you can't vote for Obama? Ok, well...sure you didn't vote for him, but hey, Pilate didn't "vote" to put Jesus on the cross, but he sat back and didn't stop it either when he had the chance.
The war and the economy concern me. I am concerned about what kind of world my children will be living in. But, I know that my God will supply all my needs. I know that I will one day go to Heaven and that everything on earth will pass away. I know that I do not want to worry about my right to free speech when I want to share the gospel. I know that I do not want homosexuality to become a "norm" and a choice in my children's future. Think about it. 50 years ago, man and woman married and stay married. Divorce was rare and when it happened it was shocking and shameful because the Bible was against it. Now, it is accepted, even among Christians because "it's a different time". The Bible hasn't changed though, it still is against divorce but hey, God forgives. So does that mean 10 years from now homosexuality and abortion will be accepted because it's a different time? Do you want your children raised in that kind of world? Christians who vote Obama because his view on the economy or health care need to remember, this life is temporary. God has promised to supply all our needs. But we have to be faithful to Him and what He has instructed us to do.

No comments: